Food lover’s weekends
Saturday 22nd September – Monday 24th September
Join us for a weekend exploring the wonderful food of the Perigord Noir.
~~ Itinerary ~~
- Arrive early evening Friday or Saturday, followed by a glass of fizz… or 2?
- We sit down to an 8-course Perigord Noir tasting menu.
Sampling local cheeses, fish, meats, vegetables, fruits and of course wine!
- Saturday or Sunday we will visit a chosen local “Perigord Noir” food producer (foie gras / caviar / truffle) and pay a visit to Sarlat’s famous marché (Saturday open market).
- We will plan our evening meal as we browse the best produce to be had before returning home to take a break by the pool to relax in the chateau.
- Saturday or Sunday evening will be a group adventure.
Cooking, discussing and learning about the process from “fork to fork”.
- Sunday or Monday morning may be as relaxed as you wish.
Scrambled eggs with caviar, eggs Benedict with smoked trout or a few rashers of bacon.
Tea & coffee on the terrace (weather permitting).
- Departure after a light lunch.
Price per couple 700€, includes all food & drink
and access to truffle or caviar farm.
~~ Sample Menu ~~
Foie gras and plum terrine. Caramelised onions, apple and sour dough
Smoked trout, pickled cucumber, beetroot and avocado
Confit Duck and wild mushroom tart
Slow cooked shoulder of Perigord lamb. Gratin potatoes and summer vegetables
Crispy coated Cabecou salad, walnuts and cherries
Assiette of Perigord strawberry. Fraisier, macaron and sorbet
Coffee, Tea and Herbal Infusion
We are licensed to serve dinner as a table d’hotes, which requires a set menu.
If notified in advance, we will of course accommodate dietary requirements and allergies.